About the Role
We are looking for a new part time Community Youth Worker to join our team. Primarily this role will be working in Papatoetoe High School with boys referred by staff. As a youth worker, you will apply your skills and experience working in a school-based setting; supporting young people to develop resilience and skills to manage anxiety. Most of your work will be with small groups. There will be opportunity to also support some of the programmes that we run at the PACT Community Building. The candidate would need to be available during school hours on a Thursday, staff meeting on a Friday morning and then ideally another 3-5 hours during the week to support other programmes.
You will have:
• A current full New Zealand driver's license
• A current first aid certificate, or be willing to get one
• Have experience working with young people and ideally a relevant qualification in Youth Work or similar
• Competency using online technology, including basic administration skills using Microsoft office.
You will be:
• A confident communicator able to work well with our small team and with school staff
• Passionate about improving long-term outcomes for rangatahi
To apply contact email@example.com
About the Company
Papatoetoe Adolescent Christian Trust has been working with rangatahi in the local schools and community for over 25 years. Our vision is to support young people to soar. We are a unique faith based youth organisation as we work with at risk young people from 8 through to 18 both in local schools and in our own programmes that we run from our community building.